20 March 2011

New year, new club

This year, after 5 years with IFK Lidingö, I have decided to change club and run for IFK Södertälje-Nykvarn Orientering. It was a tough choice, as I have had some excellent years and made some good friends with Lidingö, and experienced racing at the highest level in some big competitions. The best memories are winning Smålandskavlen last year, and 7manna the year before, and coming 4th in Jukola in 2008. We also had quite a few races where we did not achieve our potential too.

I lived in Lidingö for 2 years, and it was a great experience, but the last 2 years I have been living in Sheffield. Now I have again decided it is time for a change as I am coming to the end of my masters degree, and I am moving to live in Södertälje in April. I will work part time for Scania, and try to improve myself as an orienteer in a really good training environment. Team Scania and SNO will provide some great resources to aid me in my preparation for national and international success. I am looking forward to training with, among others, World champion Matthias Muller and my GB team-mate Scott Fraser.

So thank you to all in IFK Lidingö for making the last 5 years so good, and watch out in 2011 for the SNO team!

No comments: